Steinberg, Burtker & Grossman is a Chicago personal injury law firm made up of experienced trial attorneys ready to help injured people in the greater Chicago area. Our exclusive focus is serious injury cases, including medical malpractice cases against surgeons, anaesthesiologists, and other surgical staff whose negligent errors cause injury and death.
Getting Compensation for Victims of Surgical Negligence
While it's true that any surgical procedure carries some risk, one of those risks should not be the negligence of a doctor or hospital. Unnecessary surgical mistakes that often occur in the Chicago area include:
- Operating on the wrong body part or wrong side surgery
- Conducting the wrong procedure
- Failing to monitor patients during or after surgery
- Administering too much or too little anaesthesia
- Failing to maintain sterile conditions, resulting in post-operative infections
- Leaving things inside the patient (sponges, instruments)
- Failing to adequately inform a patient of the risks of surgery
- Conducting surgery (including Lasik eye surgery) on people who are not good candidates for surgery because of risk factors or other medical factors
For more than 40 years, medical malpractice lawyers at our Chicago law firm have been fighting to get results for the victims of doctor negligence and hospital malpractice. You can be confident that we will strive to provide positive results for you. Contact us online or call toll free (866) 942-8024 for a free consultation with our Chicago medical malpractice lawyers.
Fighting for Compensation in Medical Malpractice Cases
Getting financial compensation for surgical malpractice cases always requires taking your case to court. And unlike personal injury cases, medical malpractice cases in Chicago always require a pre-review phase in which other medical doctors certify that typical standards of care were not followed. In other words, an effective medical malpractice claim will always include the use of medical experts, which increases the complexity and cost of bringing a medical malpractice case.
That increased cost and time is why only the most serious injuries from medical malpractice go to court. Unfortunately, there are plenty of serious injuries:
- Brain damage from anaesthesia errors
- Birth injury or failure to perform a C-section
- Life-threatening infection from surgery
- Loss of organs or limbs from surgical errors
- Premature death
Our Chicago personal injury lawyers have both the experience and the resources needed to prove your surgical malpractice case. We work with medical experts from leading teaching hospitals from across the United States. We can bring the right kind of expert to your case.
Contact an Chicago Surgeon Error Lawyer Today
Tell us about your medical malpractice case. Our Chicago surgeon error attorneys will tell you how we can help. Contact us or call toll free at (866) 942-8024 for a free consultation.